Results of the International Scientific Student Conference «Oil and gas - 2011»
- More than 500 participants More than 500 students and postgraduates took part in «Oil and Gas - 2011»
- More than 40 industry organizations In 2011, the conference was attended by representatives of 46 universities and industry organizations from Russia and abroad
More than 400
scientific reports During the plenary and breakout sessions «Oil and Gas - 2011», more than 400 reports were heard in 22 areas
On April 11-14, 2011, the 65th International Scientific Student Conference «Oil and Gas-2011» was held at the Gubkin University in Moscow. The event was supported by leading oil and gas companies: JSC Tatneft named after V. D. Shashin, Schlumberger, Total, JSC Surgutneftegaz.
This year, 741 reports were submitted to the conference in thirteen sections. In addition to representatives from Gubkin University the conference was attended by students and postgraduates from other Russian universities:
Moscow State University named after M. V. Lomonosov, universities and faculties of oil and gas profile from Tyumen, Ufa, Ukhta, Almetyevsk, Samara, Volgograd, Tomsk, Kazan, Perm, Krasnodar, St. Petersburg, Tobolsk, Irkutsk, Yugorsk, Astrakhan, Krasnoyarsk, Belgorod, Moscow; foreign universities: Norway, Kazakhstan, Belarus, as well as schoolchildren from Moscow, the Moscow region and other regions of Russia.
The conference worked in the following areas::
1. Geology, search and exploration of oil and gas fields;
2. Development of oil and gas fields, drilling of wells;
3. Design, construction and operation of pipeline transport systems;
4. Engineering and applied mechanics of the oil and gas complex;
5. Chemical technologies and ecology in the oil and gas industry;
6. Automation and computer technology in the oil and gas industry;
7. Economics and management in the oil and gas industry;
8. Humanitarian science;
9. Legal support for the development of the oil and gas industry;
10. Presentation of scientific reports in English;
11. Offshore oil and gas technologies;
12. School Scientific Society;
13. Post-graduate works of oil and gas universities in English.
The jury of the breakout sessions noted the high and high-quality level of student research work.
In connection with the requests received for participation from representatives of youth collectives of industry enterprises at the meeting of the Organizing Committee of the conference, it was decided to change the status of the conference to «youth». Starting next year, the conference will be open not only to students of educational organizations, but also to young specialists of companies under the age of 35. The works of young specialists will be evaluated separately and for this purpose it is planned to allocate 1 additional nomination for each section.
The winners and laureates received gifts and souvenirs with the symbols of the Gubkin University and the conference sponsor Schlumberger.